In this episode we talk with Mark Christiansen and Kanen Flowers about the current state of the VFX industry, how it got there, and what can be done to change it. We cover #vfxprotest, Rhythm and Hues, and the Oscars. This is part one. A followup episode will be recorded soon.
This episode sponsored by Red Giant Software
- Mark Christiansen
- Kanen Flowers
Read more about the state of the VFX industry
Mark Christiansen’s articles on PVC
- Why is the VFX business failing at its moment of greatest success? by Mark Christiansen
- Why is the VFX business failing? Questions for Scott Ross by Mark Christiansen
Recent articles about Rhythm and Hues’ bankruptcy
- Rhythm & Hues to file for bankruptcy protection
- ‘Seventh Son’: Rhythm & Hues Seeks Judge’s Approval of $5M to Finish Jeff Bridges Film
- Rhythm & Hues Bankruptcy Status Update Shows No Decision on Warner Bros. Films
- Rhythm & Hues Victorious at Oscars Despite Bankruptcy
Articles about the state of the VFX industry
- Rhythm & Hues bankruptcy reveals vfx biz crisis
- Hear This Uninterrupted Statement from “Life of Pi” VFX Winner | Cartoon Brew
- Red Carpet, Green Screen | MetaFilter
- Visual Effects Industry Does a Disappearing Act
Cool stuff we think you’ll dig
- Marques Brownlee
- Really great production values. Super-informed, and really fun to watch.
- Sci-Fi Idols | A podcast about science fiction history, tidbits and trivia.
- Maggie’s short-form podcast “Scifi Tappas”
- Aisha Tylor’s Girl on Guy Podcast